Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Snowstorm Knocks Out Power For Thousands - Black Ice Threat Through Friday Morning
- UNC Board Of Governors A Step Closer To Closing Academic Centers
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Jeff Tiberii first started posing questions to strangers after dinner at La Cantina Italiana, in Massachusetts, when he was two-years-old. Jeff grew up in Wayland, Ma., an avid fan of the Boston Celtics, and took summer vacations to Acadia National Park with his family. He graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, and moved to North Carolina in 2006. His experience with NPR member stations WAER (Syracuse), WFDD (Winston-Salem) and now WUNC, dates back 11 years.
He works in the Capitol Bureau with Jorge Valencia and Reema Khrais. Jeff started at WUNC, as the Greensboro Bureau Chief, in September of 2011. He covered a range of topics, including higher education, the military, federal courts, politics, coal ash, and college athletics.
His work has been heard on Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Weekend Edition and Here & Now. Jeff’s work has been recognized with three regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, and dozens of other honors. He loves to travel and would one day like to live and work abroad.
If you have a story, question or thought find him at JTiberii@WUNC.org or @J_tibs