Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Duke Basketball's Stadium: Designed By An African American During Segregation
- Dan Ariely Exposes The Flaws In Our Decisions
- VIDEO: What's Inside This House On Wade Avenue?
- 'Life Itself': An Unflinching Documentary Of Roger Ebert's Life And Death
- Attracted To Men, Pastor Feels Called To Marriage With A Woman
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Gurnal Scott joined North Carolina Public Radio in March 2012 after several stops in radio and television. After graduating from the College of Charleston in his South Carolina hometown, he began his career in radio there. He started as a sports reporter at News/Talk Radio WTMA and won five Sportscaster of the Year awards. In 1997, Gurnal moved on to television as general assignment reporter and weekend anchor for WCSC-TV in Charleston. He anchored the market's top-rated weekend newscasts until leaving Charleston for Memphis, TN in 2002. Gurnal worked at WPTY-TV for two years before returning to his roots in radio. He joined the staff of Memphis' NewsRadio 600 WREC in 2004 eventually rising to News Director. In 2006, Raleigh news radio station WPTF came calling and he became the station's chief correspondent. Gurnal’s reporting has been honored by the South Carolina Broadcasters Association, the North Carolina Associated Press, and the Radio Television Digital News Association of the Carolinas.