Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
David Brower is the Program Director for North Carolina Public Radio - WUNC. He helps guide the over-all sound of the radio station.
Before becoming the station's interim PD, David got up very early to write, edit and prepare news reports heard on Morning Edition as the morning News Editor for WUNC. Since coming to WUNC in 2000, David has anchored Morning Edition and reported on everything from federal tax law to fishermen. His reporting work has been heard nationally on all of NPR's newsmagazines and has garnered awards from the Associated Press, The Society of Professional Journalists, National Federation of Community Broadcasters and the Edward R. Murrow Awards.
Before WUNC, David spent 10 years working in public radio and reporting for NPR from Las Cruces, New Mexico, near the US-Mexico border. David grew up in North Carolina and now lives in Carrboro with his wife Catherine Lazorko and their four sons. He is a big fan of strong coffee, old time music and ACC basketball.