Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Bob Levin was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. Bob attended The State University of New York at Oneonta studying Business and Statistics. During a summer college break, he travelled along the West Coast and fell in love with California, moving to San Francisco after graduation. Bob worked for US Leasing Corp and Fireman’s Fund Insurance before travelling again, this time across 17 European countries. Bob landed back in New York and earned his MBA at SUNY Buffalo while working at the University’s School of Medicine. Bob moved to North Carolina in 1996 and held financial positions at UNC Chapel Hill’s School of Public Health, and Duke University’s Private Diagnostic Clinic, before joining North Carolina Public Radio in 2000. In addition to public radio, Bob enjoys cooking, travel, movies and triathlons. His latest adventure was the ‘Escape from Alcatraz’ competition, swimming in the chilly waters of the San Francisco Bay from Alcatraz to the mainland.