Science & TechnologyHow Strobe Lights Are Helping The Carolina Hurricanes Increase Performance
Politics & GovernmentHow Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
StoryCorps AnimatedA Remarkable Journey: A Story Of Love And Gratitude From The Streets Of Chapel Hill
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Amber Nimocks came to The State of Things in January 2009. She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a survivor of 15 years in the newspaper business. As a reporter and editor, her posts have included such exotic locales as her hometown of Fayetteville, Robeson County, Wilmington, Raleigh and Fort Worth, Texas.
In her spare time she drinks wine and writes about it for The News & Observer, eats and writes about it for Edible Piedmont, and travels and writes about it for anyone who’s interested. She lives with her husband, her son and two dogs in downtown Raleigh.