Every Monday and Wednesday for the past year, Dorise Adams and Mary Anne Carr have met in a classroom at United Methodist Church to achieve their singular goal: to receive their high school diplomas.
Updated at 4:30 a.m. ET Police in Manchester, England, confirm 22 people dead at Manchester Arena following an explosion after a concert by Ariana Grande. Nearly 60 people have been injured. Authorities say they believe one man detonated an improvised explosive device, and was killed in the explosion. Chief Constable Ian Hopkins of the Greater Manchester Police said in a news conference, "We have been treating this as a terrorist incident and we believe, at this stage, the attack last night...
Acclaimed dancer and choreographer Chuck Davis died earlier this month at the age of 80. Davis was considered America’s master of African dance. He formed the Chuck Davis Dance Company in New York in the 1960s and later built the African American Dance Ensemble in Durham.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Manchester attack: Trump calls attacker a 'loser'
- Germany cracks Europe-wide burglary gang of 500 members
- Chinese student sorry after uproar at US 'fresh air' speech
- Ex-CIA chief Brennan says Trump-Russia inquiry 'well-founded'
- Romania criticised over domestic violence 'failures'
- German schools get tough Prince Harry English exam changed