The Atlantic Coast Conference is ready to start holding events again in North Carolina after the state rolled back a law that limited protections for LGBT people.
President Trump escalated a Twitter war with lawmakers in his own party on Thursday evening, calling out three members of the Freedom Caucus by name. "If @RepMarkMeadows, @Jim_Jordan and @Raul_Labrador would get on board we would have both great healthcare and massive tax cuts & reform," he tweeted. The attack follows an earlier 140-character missive aimed at both the Freedom Caucus and Democrats. It's a curious tactic, given that Trump's only two options to pass his agenda through Congress...
The replacement bill for House Bill 2 has been signed into law by Gov. Roy Cooper. Cooper called House Bill 142 a compromise between state lawmakers from both sides of the aisle.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Colombia landslides: Over 200 die in Putumayo floods
- France carnival explosion injures many
- Bob Dylan finally accepts Nobel Prize, months after ceremony
- Paraguay president sacks top officials after protests
- S Korean cargo ship Stellar Daisy vanishes in South Atlantic
- Soviet-era poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko dies aged 84