A divided North Carolina city council narrowly approved a bid Monday to host the 2020 Republican National Convention, a decision that followed nearly two hours of comments pro and con from local residents and council members.
Given the attitude with which President Trump has greeted all news of the Russian interference in the 2016 election, his performance in Helsinki on Monday should have come as no surprise. And yet there was surprise — even shock — when the president of the United States stood onstage alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin and accepted the former KGB officer's denials regarding that interference. Trump was asked directly which one he believed: his own intelligence community or Putin. In so...
Julie-Ann Scott-Pollock studies what it is like to live in the body of another person. She looks specifically at bodies that may make others uncomfortable, like those of people with memory loss or people who have bulimia. She transforms first-person interviews into performance pieces that explore perspectives on embodiment.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump-Putin summit: US president hails meeting amid outcry
- Barack Obama condemns disregard for facts
- Alabama employee gets new car from boss after 20-mile walk
- ECHR condemns Pussy Riot and Anna Politkovskaya cases
- Kim Jong-un blasts delays in North Korean economic projects
- Spain PM Pedro Sanchez promises new law on sexual consent