In California - a state with strong differences with the White House on immigration policy - about 400 troops are on border duty. But they're keeping a low profile.
Updated 12:43 p.m. ET Perhaps 5,000 people died in Puerto Rico in 2017 for reasons related to September's Hurricane Maria, according to a study that dismisses the official death toll of 64 as "a substantial underestimate." A research team led by scientists at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health didn't simply attempt to count dead bodies in the wake of the powerful storm. Instead, they surveyed randomly chosen households and asked the occupants about their experiences. From that...
North Carolina’s pork industry has been in the spotlight since a jury awarded tens of millions to 10 people living close to one Eastern North Carolina hog farm. The money was awarded as nuisance payments for noxious odors, floating fecal dust and other byproducts of large-scale farms known as concentrated animal feeding operations, or CAFO’s.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Key Italy talks amid fears of snap poll
- Russia's opposition journalist Arkady Babchenko shot dead in Kiev
- ABC drops Roseanne show after racist tweet
- Magician David Copperfield found not liable for Briton's injuries
- Nicaragua unrest: Government colluding with mobs, says Amnesty
- Germany and Turkey mark Solingen deadly racist attack