The year was 1955. Dirt roads covered much of Greensboro and Guilford County. Then, the Interstate Highway System was passed and Bridge 299 was born.
Updated at 4:25 p.m. ET Nashville police say the man suspected of opening fire and killing four people Sunday at a Waffle House in Antioch, Tenn., has been taken into custody just miles from the restaurant. Police said Monday afternoon that Travis Reinking, 29, was captured "moments ago." Minutes later, the police released two photos of Reinking in the back of a police cruiser, his clothing torn and with scratches visible on his shoulder. Police said they apprehended him in a "wooded area."...
Fans of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” know him as Dr. Harlan Carson, but long before that R. Keith Harris was making a name for himself as an actor in films like “Big Fish” and “A Walk in the Woods.” Raised in Reidsville, North Carolina, Harris tried his hand at living in Los Angeles, but came back home with $40 in his pocket and very little to show for his five year investment. For most that would have been the end of the Hollywood dream. But for Harris, his acting opportunities have continued to expand.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Toronto van attack: Suspect quizzed after 10 pedestrians killed
- George H W Bush hospitalised a day after his wife's funeral
- Suspected Waffle House gunman arrested in woods in Nashville
- China karaoke bar fire kills 18 in Yingde
- Avicii's family thanks fans and artists for support
- Kim Jong-un's 'bitter sorrow' as bus crash kills Chinese tourists