Evangelist Billy Graham, the North Carolina icon known as “America’s Pastor” who conducted more than 400 crusades and whose sermons were heard by an estimated two billion people, died Wednesday. He was 99.
As high school students who survived the shooting in Parkland, Fla., travel to the state Capitol to demand action on guns, lawmakers offered a glimpse of the battle they face. In Tuesday's session, which opened with prayer for the community of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 students and staff were killed last week, Florida House lawmakers declined to open debate on a bill that would ban assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines. The motion to debate the bill,...
Child actors are big players in Hollywood. Shirley Temple is one of the most famous, with 17 feature films under her belt before she turned 10. There are several film stars today who began their acting careers when they were children, like Natalie Portman and Christian Bale.
Ft. Bragg Stories uses personal narratives to explore life on and around this country's largest military base. And, now it's available as a podcast on iTunes , Google Play and Stitcher . Each week over this year you'll hear a new story both on the radio where the stories air each Sunday evening around 5:35 and a new episode drop in our podcast feeds every weekend, too. Listen to this overview:
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump endorses guns for teachers to stop shootings
- Syria war: UN plea to end 'hell on earth' Eastern Ghouta crisis
- Billy Graham: Influential US evangelist dies at 99
- Venezuela's Maduro wants 'mega-election' amid opposition boycott
- Ford executive leaves over inappropriate behaviour
- Nigeria Boko Haram: Some missing girls 'rescued' after school attack