For many people in North Carolina, Chemours is synonymous with contamination of drinking water. News surfaced last year that the chemical manufacturer released GenX and other emerging contaminants into the Cape Fear River for years without knowing how they could affect humans. GenX has also ended up in residential wells near the company’s plant in Bladen County.
In a new report , ProPublica has revealed that the American Red Cross forced a senior official to resign amid sexual harassment and assault allegations but still gave him a positive review when asked by another aid organization interested in hiring him. That man, Gerald Anderson, was hired in 2013 by Save The Children, after representatives there say they received glowing references. Anderson denies any sexual misconduct. Anderson led the Red Cross response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and...
Donald Trump just celebrated his first year in office, and the burning question in some circles is: should Oprah Winfrey take his place? The buzz around #Winfrey2020 started after she gave a rousing speech at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Hospital fire kills dozens in Miryang, South Korea
- Trump plan to offer citizenship to 1.8m undocumented immigrants
- Casey Affleck pulls out of presenting Best Actress Oscar
- US threatens to stop aid to Palestinians
- Ariane rocket suffers rare launch anomaly
- Nutella 'riots' spread across French supermarkets