In Manteo yesterday, hundreds of people turned out for an annual reenactment of a heartwarming part of the Cold War -- when American pilots dropped candy from the sky for the children of Berlin during the Soviet blockade.
Despite some last-minute challenges, Republicans appear to have the votes to give President Trump his first legislative victory. Final passage of the bill that will reshape the tax system and touch nearly every American is expected early this week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be Trump's first significant legislative accomplishment, not a bad Christmas gift for a president, who often boasts of lesser successes. So what's in the tax bill? Poll after poll after poll after poll have...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Amtrak Washington train crash: Investigators focus on speed
- Cyber-Attack: US blames North Korea for WannaCry
- Jonghyun: Note shows K-pop star's struggles with depression
- Matthew Petersen: Quiz-flunking Trump judge nominee withdraws
- Trump: Russia and China ‘rival powers’ in new security plan
- Sarah Palin's son charged with domestic assault on father