Updated 3:16 p.m., October 20, 2017 Four North Carolina inmates are facing murder charges after the deadliest escape attempt in state prison history killed two prison workers, investigators said Friday.
Having police officers wear little cameras seems to have no discernible impact on citizen complaints or officers' use of force, at least in the nation's capital. That's the conclusion of a study performed as Washington, D.C., rolled out its huge camera program. The city has one of the largest forces in the country, with some 2,600 officers now wearing cameras on their collars or shirts. "We found essentially that we could not detect any statistically significant effect of the body-worn...
In his 2018 budget proposal, President Donald Trump proposed a cut of more than $190 billion to SNAP – the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – in the next 10 years.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Catalonia independence: Puigdemont 'will not accept' Rajoy plan
- Japan goes to the polls in snap election
- WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment
- Czech election: Billionaire Babis wins by large margin
- Trump says he will allow scheduled release of JFK files
- Militants kill Egyptian security forces in desert shoot-out