Schools in Wake County are among hundreds across the state preparing to meet a legislative mandate to reduce class sizes in kindergarten through third grade. The Wake County school district is faced with making that reduction while expecting the same steady student growth it has seen in the past decade.
Updated at 11 a.m. ET After devastating parts of the Caribbean, Hurricane Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico at 6:15 a.m. Wednesday as a Category 4 storm, according to the National Hurricane Center. It had been a Category 5 system, and even downgraded, it packed powerful sustained winds of 155 mph and is the strongest storm to have hit the island in decades. Maria came ashore near the eastern municipality of Yabucoa. The NHC says the eye will continue its march across the U.S. territory...
The U.S. military has been using a virtual reality program to augment therapy for combat veterans returning from war with post-traumatic stress disorder. For the first time that software was made available for use in a theatrical production.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Mexico earthquake: Children killed at collapsed primary school
- Whole of Puerto Rico without power
- Catalonia referendum: Spain steps up raids to halt vote
- Jake LaMotta: Legendary Raging Bull boxer dies at 95
- Iran's leader Rouhani slams Trump in UN speech
- Kenya's Supreme Court criticises IEBC electoral commission