A Duke Life Flight helicopter that crashed earlier this month was trailing black smoke before it crashed on a wind turbine farm near Hertford, according to a preliminary report.
Updated at 8:45 p.m. ET Thirty-two years to the day after an earthquake killed thousands of people in Mexico, a powerful quake rattled the country's central region Tuesday. Buildings shivered in Mexico City, shattering facades and sending clouds of dust skyward. Residents, who just hours before had taken part in large simulated-earthquake drills to mark the anniversary, emptied into the streets when the real quake struck. "Many people had just returned to their desks when the real one hit,"...
The U.S. military has been using a virtual reality program to augment therapy for combat veterans returning from war with post-traumatic stress disorder. For the first time that software was made available for use in a theatrical production.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores
- Hurricane Maria bears down on Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
- Trump's first UN speech met with criticism from some leaders
- Catalonia referendum: Spanish raid on Unipost deals blow to vote
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgium
- Toys 'R' Us files for bankruptcy protection in US