Updated at 12:30 p.m., Sept. 12, 2017 Gov. Roy Cooper said about 74,000 customers are without electricity in North Carolina. Cooper told the Council of State meeting on Tuesday morning that most of the power outages are in western North Carolina and in the Charlotte area.
Hillary Clinton's final campaign for office ended in a shocking defeat. But she isn't going quietly into the night. "I think the country's at risk, and I'm trying to sound the alarm so more people will at least pay attention," Clinton told NPR. That said, her career as a candidate is over. "I'm done. I'm not running for office," Clinton said. But for those, including Democrats, who would like her to just go away? "Well, they're going to be disappointed," she said. "I'm not going anywhere. I...
Joceyln Casanova grew up in North Carolina and was a high achiever who dreamed of going to college and becoming a lawyer. A few days before she graduated from high school near the top of her class, a college interviewer revealed a secret her parents had kept from her her whole life: Jocelyn was undocumented.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Hurricane Irma: France, UK and Netherlands step up response
- North Korea threatens US with 'greatest pain' after UN sanctions
- Edith Windsor: Gay rights trailblazer dies aged 88
- Brazil corruption scandal: President Temer slams judiciary
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns amid sexual abuse allegations
- Duterte drug war: Philippines cuts rights body's budget to $20