The Outer Banks is being spared heavy rain from Hurricane Jose. But National Weather Service Meteorologist Jim Merrell says the coast is still seeing impacts from the storm roiling offshore.
Many conservatives pundits and lawmakers were incensed that President Donald Trump appeared to make a deal with Democrats to enshrine into law the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that shields many undocumented immigrants who were brought into the U.S. as children. To make matters worse for immigration hawks, Trump is also not requiring funding to build a wall along the Mexican border as a condition of the possible deal. For Trump, who campaigned in favor of the border wall and...
Carolina is home to more than 1000 adult care homes – spaces designed to provide shelter and assistance to those living with disabilities and mental health issues. But an in-depth investigation by Carolina Public Press reveals a broken system where oversight for the care homes is inconsistent and shuffled back and forth between state and county agencies.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Maria an 'extremely dangerous' hurricane
- North Korea says sanctions will accelerate nuclear programme
- Stanislav Petrov, who averted possible nuclear war, dies at 77
- Norway jails top policeman for smuggling hashish
- Auckland Airport cancels flights after fuel supply cut
- Hundreds sentenced in Egyptian mass trial