The Atlantic Coast Pipeline intended to carry natural gas across West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina would have some adverse environmental effects, including impacts on water resources, forest and other habitats, but most could be reduced to insignificant levels, an assessment by federal regulators found.
Updated at 10:24 p.m. ET The White House communications operation underwent a dramatic shake-up Friday. Sean Spicer resigned as press secretary after President Trump appointed Anthony Scaramucci, a wealthy New York financier, as his communications director. Appearing on camera before the White House press corps at a televised press briefing, Scaramucci then announced Sarah Sanders, Spicer's deputy, as the new press secretary. In statements Friday night, Trump praised Scaramucci and Sanders. ...
In January President Donald Trump issued an executive order that capped the number of refugees who could enter the United States at 50,000. That number more than halved the quota the previous administration had advised resettlement agencies to prepare for.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Israeli embassy in Amman: Shooting leaves two dead
- San Antonio: Truck death toll rises to nine
- South China Sea: Vietnam halts drilling after 'China threats'
- Cumhuriyet journalists face terrorism trial
- Rio de Janeiro: Police protest over rising Brazil violence
- Nigeria's President Buhari seen in London